What we believe...
While the Bible reveals many things, here are a few which we hold dear:
- There is one God. He created all things and continues to lovingly sustain them. We know this one God as three Persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- Jesus Christ is the Way to the Heavenly Father. He is fully God and fully human. He died on the cross as a sacrifice for our sins. After three days he arose bodily from the dead and ascended into heaven where he sits at the right hand of God the Father.
- The Holy Spirit is given to dwell in the hearts of those who follow Jesus. The Spirit draws us close to God by instructing us and empowering us to live a new way of life. The Spirit gives his people gifts so that we may serve one another and glorify God.
- God has chosen to heal the brokenness of his creation which is caused by human disobedience and selfishness [sin]. As an act of grace, God saves all who put their faith in Jesus Christ, trusting him to be Lord and Savior.
- God's people -- the Church -- is greater than any one denomination. It is composed of all persons who have placed their faith in Jesus Christ and received the Holy Spirit. The Church is made visible in local congregations where God's Word is faithfully proclaimed, Jesus Christ is worshipped, the sacraments faithfully administered, and where Scriptural discipline is lovingly maintained.
- Jesus Christ will come again to the earth to fulfill God's plans and purposes in history.
- The Lord Jesus Christ calls his Church to go and spread the Good News of his salvation to all people.