Recommended books to read...
Good authors are great disciplers! Christians who learn to feed themselves grow at a rapid rate. Following are a few books we are reading at the The People's Covenant Church.
- "There's Hope for Your Church: First Steps to Restoring Health and Growth" by Gary L. McIntosh: A great book to help stuggling and discouraged churches. Within its pages is a wealth of wisdom to point leaders to the pathway to revitalization.
- "The Master Plan of Evangelism" by Robert Coleman: This is a timeless classic. If every Christian read and followed the instructions, the world would have been won to Christ long ago. It is a study of Jesus' life. He poured Himself into 12 men. We are a result of this masterful plan, today's church exists.
- "It: How Churches and Leaders Can Get It and Keep It' by Graig Groeschel a Covenant pastor. The elusive "it" can be found and people will be drawn in when you have "it." What is "it?" Read the book and find out.
- "I Am a Church Member" by Thom S. Rainer. According to Lead Pastor Matt Chandler "If you love your church, are frustrated with your church, or don't understand why membership matters, I encourage you to pick this book up and read it."
- "Building a Healthy Multi-Ethnic Church" by Mark Deymaz. You will never look at the Book of Romans the same after reading this. So insightful in drawing the deeper things of the Scriptures to inform our thoughts about diversity within the body of Christ.